Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Last Witch Hunter

Image Source
800 years ago witch hunter Kaulder, played by Vin Diesel, is cursed with immortality by the witch queen. Now, when an old friend, played by Michael Caine, is cursed, Kaulder teams up with Caine’s replacement (Elijah Wood) and a young witch (Rose Leslie of Game of Thrones). Based on a lot of what I heard, The Last Witch Hunter is a movie I was excited for. The basic plot sounded cool, and the cast involved got me excited. Now, the question is whether or not this movie is any good. Personally, I think it’s a fun popcorn movie. The overall story isn’t the greatest, or the most original. In my opinion, the best character in the movie is the witch Chloe, played by Rose Leslie. Rose gives pretty solid supporting performance, and works off lead star Vin Diesel pretty well. On the other hand, I felt that Elijah Wood, who I think is a good actor, was miscast. I believed him when played his part as wide-eyed and naive, but I didn’t find him to be that believable when he was supposed to be threatening. The effects aren’t the greatest, and there are some pretty noticeable plot-holes, but the negatives are outweighed by the positives.


7 / 10  

No comments:

Post a Comment