Monday, December 28, 2015

Top 10 Best Movies of 2015

So, at this point, 2015 has just about come and gone. These are my personal favorite movies I saw in the past year.

Honorable Mentions:

Kingsman: The Secret Service, Ant-Man, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, Furious 7, Jurassic World, Spotlight, Spectre, Krampus

#10: The Martian: The Martian was this incredible and unexpectedly funny story of an astronaut who is accidentally stranded on Mars and uses his intelligence and botany skills to try and survive while back on Earth, NASA struggles to bring him home.


#9: Avengers: Age of Ultron: Does Age of Ultron have some flaws? Sure. Were there parts that could have been smoothed over a little bit? Most likely. Do I care? No, because the second Avengers movie, and 11th in the Marvel Cinematic Universe was still a fun summer action movie that still held a lot of depth and was able to progress characters forward.


 #8: It Follows: I have stated multiple times that I am a horror fan. Out of all of the movies I saw this year, my absolute favorite had to have been It Follows. It looked and felt like a John Carpenter movie from the 80s that was shelved and rediscovered several years later, and I mean that in the best way possible.

#7: The Hateful Eight: What would a best of the year list be without a Quentin Tarantino movie? This year, he brought us The Hateful Eight, a really damn good movie that is basically what you would get if you asked Quentin Tarantino to combine a murder mystery and a western.


#6: Inside Out: If there was one thing that Inside Out was able to prove to me, it's that Pixar struck back with a vengeance this year, delivering what I'm sure will become one of their future classics. Inside Out made laugh, and nearly made me tear up. It grabs you right where a movie like this needs to, which just makes it even better.


#5: Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Of course I had to put Star Wars on my top 10 favorite movies of 2015 list. This movie had a couple noticalbe flaws, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good by any means. It was great to see Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher back. I liked the new characters to the franchise, especially Rey. As far as I'm concerned, J.J. Abrams knocked it out of the park.


#4: Sicario: Sicario was an unrelenting action thriller anchored by Oscar-worthy performances by Emily Blunt and Benicio del Toro.


#3: Mad Max: Fury Road: Fury Road is one big action set-piece filled with visual storytelling, strong characters, and absolutely breathtaking practical visual effects. This one absolutely comes highly recommended from me.


#2: Straight Outta Compton: I saw this movie twice in the theater, and I loved it even more the second time. The actors who played the core members of N.W.A were perfectly selected, and the soundtrack was just plain awesome.


#1: Creed: Creed was a movie I excited to see from the minute I saw that first trailer, and I'm not somebody who is very familiar with the Rocky franchise. Michael B. Jordan is great in the movie, and Sylvester Stallone is at the best he's been in a very long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment