Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2016

These are just the movies coming out in the next year that I personally am looking forward to the most.

Honorable Mentions:

The Huntsman: Winter's War: While I didn't hate Snow White and the Huntsman, I can admit that cutting out Kristen Stewart (replacing her with the much more talented Jessica Chastain), and putting more focus on Chris Hemsworth all seem like good steps in the right direction.



Zoolander 2: The trailers for Zoolander 2 really did make me laugh, a lot. That being said, extreme stretches between a movie and a sequel don't always turn out for the best. So, I'm cautiously optimistic with this one.



The BFG: After seeing the teaser trailer for this one, I got excited. The trailer followed the opening of the book, from what I remember, and it's directed by Steven Spielberg, so looking forward to thi one for sure, but I just have others I'm more excited for.


Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: From what I can tell, this movie takes place in the Harry Potter world, but will feature an entirely new cast of characters. I'm very curious to see where this movie's going to go.

My Top 10

#10: Untitled Fifth Bourne Film: I like these movies. Matt Damon's coming back to play Jason Bourne. Paul Greengrass, who directed the second and third movies, is coming back to direct. I can't wait to see what comes next for Jason Bourne.

#9: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: This could easily end up being a lot higher on my list if I end up loving Force Awakens. The idea is that this movie will follow the team of rebels that initially set out to find and steal the Death Star plans.

#8: Finding Dory: Finding Nemo is one of my favorite Pixar movies. Will this movie be good? Will it be awful? Who knows? Will I see it? Most definitely.


#7: Star Trek Beyond: I have been really digging the Star Trek reboots. The script will be written by
Simon Pegg, who I am a fan of, and I want to see what he can do with an action-sci-fi script. Besides that, the villain is going to be played by Idris Elba. Yeah, I want to see this one. 

#6: Independence Day: Resurgence: Umm, it's the sequel to Independence Day. I don't think I need to say any more. 

#5: X-Men: Apocalypse: I think it helps that this will be the fourth film in the franchise directed by Bryan Singer. He also directed the previous film in the franchise, Days of Future Past, my personal favorite in the franchise thus far. 

#4: Doctor Strange: At this point, I think Honest Trailers said it best "We'll see anything if they slap Marvel's name on it." Doctor Strange will be Marvel's first major foray into the world of mysticism. On top of that, the movie has an awesome cast attached to it, including Benedict Cumnerbatch and Tilda Swinton. 

#3: Captain America: Civil War: I think I'm just a little more excited for Captain America than Doctor Strange for a very simple reason. This looks like it could be a very big gray area for the Marvel movies, something we haven't seen a lot of. I'm also excited to see Black Panther for the first time in a Marvel movie, and because Spider-Man will be making his official debut into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. 

   

#2: Suicide Squad: I'll admit that there are a couple things regarding Suicide Squad I'm not sure about, but there's just so much that gets me excited. I like the idea of Jared Leto as The Joker, and I think he'll do a pretty good job. Will Smith is gonna play Deadshot, which should be interesting because we've never really seen Will Smith take on a more villainous role before. But, I'll be honest I'm mostly excited for one name: Harley Quinn. 

 

#1: Deadpool: I've been curious about this movie for awhile. I was definitely one of those people up in arms about the idea of trying to make this movie PG-13. But, it won't be. I'm not gonna lie. Every bit of marketing and advertising I have seen for this movie has told me it's probably in the right hands. Of course, it also helps that Ryan Reynolds is actually a huge Deadpool fan, and was one of the people pushing for this movie to be closer to the comic book. 


No comments:

Post a Comment