Friday, December 18, 2015

The Ridiculous 6

Source
Okay, when I say that this was a bad movie, I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking “of course it’s bad, man. Adam Sandler hasn’t been funny in years.” Right, but The Cobbler and Pixels aren’t as bad as, say Jack and Jill. This movie absolutely includes a lot of the problems that have plagued most of Adam Sandler’s recent movies. There were elements to it I did enjoy, though not too many. Some of the jokes made me laugh, and there were actors I thought did alright in the movie, like Terry Crews and Jorge Garcia (Hurley from Lost). A lot of the actors just feel miscast. Nick Swardson is in the movie, and I’ve never been the biggest fan of him as an actor. Part of my problem with Taylor Lautner in the movie was that I don’t think his character was very well-written, so he didn’t seem to have much to go on besides act annoying and dumb, and do a stupid voice. Great actors like Harvey Keitel, Danny Trejo, and Steve Buscemi all kind of get pushed to the sidelines, and all Buscemi does is embarrass himself. But,my biggest issue with the cast and characters involves a couple cameos that I really have to question. So, there’s a scene where the main characters have to rob this poker game. At this poker game are General Custer, Mark Twain, and Wyatt Earp, played by David Spade, Vanilla Ice, and Blake Shelton respectively. Seriously!? The movie is also 2 hours long, which is a good 20 or 30 minutes too long for a comedy. Sadly, a great cast and a couple good jokes here and there end up feeling wasted in what ends being an overly long, somewhat racist cringe-fest that might actually rival Jack and Jill for the worst movie Adam Sandler has ever starred in.


2 / 10   

1 comment:

  1. I might watch this on netflix. I'm not sure. I've heard it was pretty offensive to not just minorities, but also women. Ugh. Adam Sandler is really suffering from what I've decided to call GLS - George Lucas Syndrome - the "I'm rich and it's my movie and I'll do whatever I want and fuck my fans" attitude.

    ReplyDelete