Monday, December 28, 2015

Top 10 Worst Movies of 2015

Dishonorable Mentions:

My dishonorable mentions are going to be broken down into subcategories
They didn't get a theatrical release, so they don't count, but I still want to mention them: 
Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!
Ghost Shark 
My Guilty Pleasure Movies That didn't make the cut: 
Wild Card
Jupiter Ascending
Goosebumps
Pan 
Pixels 
Mostly just Meh: 
The Cobbler 
Seventh Son
The Movies I actually felt bad that I had to cut: 
Get Hard  
Unfinished Business 
The Gunman 
Tak3n 

#10: Terminator Genisys: As I said in my review, Terminator Genisys was a big, loud, stupid guilty pleasure movie. However, it was clear when I was watching it that it was a great big hot mess of a movie. So, I do think it deserves a spot on my list.

#9: Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse: I genuinely think that the people who wrote this movie had a funny idea for a title, but didn't know what to do to put a story around it, or how to write said story, so they just threw a bunch of random ideas on paper in the hopes that something would stick.

#8: Fant4stic: At first, I thought this movie had no chance of being memorably bad. But, then, the more I thought about things like the origin of The Thing's catchphrase and the look of Doctor Doom, the more I started to get mad.

#7: The Boy Next Door: The Boy Next Door is one of those rare movies where every single actor is miscast, so absolutely nobody is able to give a good performance. Least of all, Ryan Guzman, the dude playing the title boy next door.

#6: The Ridiculous 6: I saw three of Adam Sandler's four starring movies this year. I can say without a doubt, that was his worst one. This first one I've seen in the past couple of years that I think was almost as bad a Jack and Jill, and that's no small feat.  

#5: Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension: This isn't as bad The Marked Ones or Paranormal Activity 4, it's even worse. This is the movie that actually took away the one frightening thing this franchise still had going for it.

#4: Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2: Paul Blart 2 was one of those sequels we got, even though I'm pretty sure nobody was actually asking for it. This was easily the worst thing Happy Madison shit out and put in theaters this year, for a lot of reasons.

#3: Hot Pursuit: In a year that had a lot of bad comedies, the worst, by far was Hot Pursuit. I like Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara, but man, did this "thing" just not work, in any way, shape, or form.

#2: Fifty Shades of Grey: I have so many problems with this movie on both a technical level, and a moral one. Christian Grey has got to be one of the worst characters I have ever seen. Period.

#1: The Loft: Maybe the most surprising thing about Fifty Shades of Grey is that, as bad as it was, I still didn't find it nearly as much of an awful, loathsome, disgusting pile of steaming crap as I did The Loft. This was a movie that seemed content on asking you to give a shit about these five despicable people who all cheat on their wives, and somehow, get very lenient punishments in the end, when they deserve far worse. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this list! There are a lot of shitty movies here.
    Hot Pursuit was awful, and I love Reese.

    ReplyDelete