Monday, December 28, 2015

Unfinished Business

Image Source
Right from the beginning, Unfinished Business just felt off. I had a lot of the same problems with this movie that I did when I watched Get Hard. This is a movie that has a fairly talented cast but almost never manages to conjure a laugh. The actors all lack chemistry together, and can’t seem to make the awkward writing work. Dave Franco and Tom Wilkinson suffer the most in the movie give truly awful performances that are worth Razzie nominations. Nick Frost is an actor I'm glad to see in this movie because he's getting work, but I just think he was incredibly underused here, and absolutely deserves more. The one positive I am honestly able to conjure up for the movie is the more dramatic, serious moments. Vince Vaughn is pretty good in the small moments with his children and dealing with their bullying problems, and as far as I’m concerned, he was believable enough as a concerned father who just wants to finish the deal and go home. I think it’s kind of sad that a small subplot is far better, and more interesting than the main plot of the movie. Ultimately, the best thing I can recommend with Unfinished Business would be to skip it entirely.


2 / 10     

No comments:

Post a Comment