Friday, April 3, 2015

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Image Source
I really liked Rise of the Planet of the Apes. For me, it was a huge surprise in just how GOOD it was. For all intents and purposes, Dawn is even better. I like the similarities drawn between the humans and the apes in this movie. Caesar continues to evolve into one of the greatest characters ever. It was great to see how the apes thrived in their little area. I liked being able to see that they were evolving. The movie knew how to build tension. I also liked how the characters who were supposed to be antagonists had very understandable motivations. The other character I really liked seeing evolve was Caesar’s second-in-command, Koba. The pace can be slow at times which might turn some people off. The movie gives Koba a background that makes him a relatable villain. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes doesn’t try rehashing the plot of its predecessor. Instead, it continues the story of the first film, builds on it, and improves on it. I can’t wait to see where this story goes next. 


10 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment