Sunday, April 12, 2015

It Follows

Image Source
I’m not going to lie, I loved this movie. There’s a vintage look and feel to it that really works. There really isn’t a weak link among the actors, and the characters are all pretty likable. Lead actress Maika Monroe is great in the movie. The movie isn’t always scary, but it has its good moments of real tension. The cinematography is also very good, really shining the movie’s setting. The ending was one of the best movie endings in my opinion. It didn’t leave off on a cliffhanger, but rather, ended the movie ambiguously. The score had this really good eerie 80s vibe to it. It was one of those movies I really had to think about. The monster of the movie is one of the scariest parts of the movie. It can look like anything, and pretty much engages you in the worst game of “Tag, You’re It” possible. The way it kills is very brutal, and horrifying. I’m very glad that this movie exists to seemingly prove we don’t always have to rely on movies like Ouija for our horror cinema. I get the feeling that this movie is gonna stick with me for a good while.


10 / 10  

No comments:

Post a Comment