Friday, April 10, 2015

Furious 7

Image Source
If you were to ask me five years ago if there were going to seven Fast and the Furious movies, I would have said no. But, here we are. The weirdest thing is, they seem to keep getting better with each movie. This might just be my favorite movie in the series so far. The action sequences are very good and director James Wan should be commended for that, coming from a horror background. The cast has a really strong chemistry together, even if the acting isn’t always necessarily the strongest. Michelle Rodriguez, Kurt Russell, Dwayne Johnson, Djimon Honsou, and Jason Statham are, in my opinion, the best actors in the movie. Unfortunately, most of them are underused. I liked the send-off for Paul Walker’s character in the movie, and felt that it was very fitting. The CGI used at the very end of the film was absolutely terrifying, and I feel that the late Mr. Walker deserved a lot better. I did get a lot of enjoyment out of the movie, though. It’s big, it’s loud, and it’s stupid, but that’s what it was supposed to be and I absolutely loved every second of this amazingly stupid movie.


9 / 10

No comments:

Post a Comment