Monday, April 6, 2015

Scream (1996)

Image Source
Scream is one of my all-time favorite movies. It’s one of the first horror movies to balance dark laughs that poke fun at the cliches in slasher flicks of the 70s and 80s, and good fun scares that pay homage to them. The opening brings a lot of tension to the table, as does the film’s climax. Many of the deaths contained within the film are swift and brutal. As a mystery fan, I like the whodunit aspect, and the way the movie utilizes it. Actor Jamie Kennedy is an actor I don’t normally like. Here, I think he is amazing, and I can’t think of another actor who could possibly play the role of Randy. This is the movie that made an icon out of Ghostface, with a slick look and the terrifying possibility that anybody could be him because he is a Halloween costume. Neve Campbell is very good in the movie as the character of Sidney, as does Courtney Cox as Gale Weathers, doing everything in her power to break the Monica Gellar type-casting. This is the  first horror movie I ever saw, and the movie that made me fall in love with horror movies.  



10 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment