Thursday, April 2, 2015

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Image Source
Once again, Marvel proves the roll it’s been on since The Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy is well-acted on all counts. I feel particular praise must be reserved for Bradley Cooper’s voice work. Cooper expertly steals every scene he’s in. Everything in this film just works. The effects are great, the make-up on Zoe Saldana and Dave Bautista is incredible. The comedy in the film feels natural, as opposed to forced. The action sequences kept me glued to my seat, waiting for what comes next. Don’t even get me started on the incredible soundtrack. Many found the villain to be weak, and while I understand where those who say so are coming from, I disagree. Is he as awesome as Loki? No. But he’s far more memorable than the dark-elf from Thor 2. This movie also cements one thing for me, Josh Brolin is great as Thanos. My hope is that Guardians becomes Marvel’s very own Star Wars. I am incredibly excited to see where these worlds can be taken in future installments. 


10 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment