Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Evil Dead II (1987)

Image Source
As much as I love the first Evil Dead movie, I do have to admit that Evil Dead 2 stands out as the best of the bunch. This hilarious horror sequel rounds out the character of Ash, making him one of the best horror heroes period. Bruce Campbell really gets to shine in what has become his most famous role. Evil Dead 2 pokes more fun at the genre its drenched than the first one, and still doesn’t forget where it came from. As much as I love the movie, (and the possessed hand that eventually gets replaced with a chainsaw) the supporting cast isn’t very good. I don’t know if I would call them bad, per se, but none of the actors in the film hold a candle to Bruce Campbell. Evil Dead 2 is a cult classic in the genre for good reason. I don’t want to undersell the gory awesomeness of the movie, which I could easily do. Whether it’s the gore, the craziness of the situation, or the flat out hilarity, in the end, there is only one word that can truly describe my thoughts on the movie. From the words of Ash Williams himself, Groovy.


9 / 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment